STOP OUR GOVERNMENT’S COMPLICITY WITH EU AND US SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL!
More than 10,000 people in Gaza have been killed by Israel– most of them women and children. What is going on in Gaza is a hell on earth. One of the most militarily advanced states is ruthlessly bombing people in the poorest strip of land in the world.
Israel could not do this without the support of the United States. Biden plans to increase its support for Israel to the tune of $220 billion. The EU is one of Israel’s main suppliers of military systems and equipment. EU leader Ursula von der Leyen says she stands behind Israel.
The Irish government has rowed in behind the US and EU. They have stood with Biden and von der Leyen.
Our position is that Irish neutrality equals independence from Imperialist blocks and support for those involved in anti-colonial struggle.
MAKE IRISH NEUTRALITY MEAN SOMETHING AND DEMAND THE IRISH GOVERNMENT STAND UP TO THE EU AND US AND CALL FOR AN IMMEDIATE END TO THE BOMBING!
WHAT CAN WE DO?
- Expel the Israeli Ambasador. Build up pressure through demonstrations to put the Irish government under pressure.
- Support the boycott of Israeli goods. By doing this you will be supporting the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, which is a global campaign in support of Palestinians.
- Students/Academics: Build a college BDS campaign.
- Trade Unionists: Get your branch to support an active BDS campaign. Make sure your union defends any worker who gets victimised for supporting Palestine.
- Contact your local People Before Profit branch. To get information on boycott actions targeting supermarkets which stock Israeli goods near you.