We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may update this policy from time to time. If we do, any changes will be detailed on our website for you to refer to. If you have any questions, or any requests concerning your personal information please contact us on [email protected].
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
People Before Profit collects certain personal data depending on what activities you engage in while on our website. Examples of these different activities and the data we may collect are listed below:
- Signing up to our newsletter: If you choose to sign up to our newsletter we will collect your name and email address.
- Joining People Before Profit. If you join People Before Profit, we will keep your name, address, phone number and e mail on our database.
- Text join: If you text to join, we will phone you to ask for your contact details. If you supply us, we will post or e mail you out our policies and ask if you wish to receive our newsletter. You will only receive the newsletter, if you agree.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will not share your personal data with any third parties.
- Google analytics – in order to monitor site traffic for the purposes of improving the user experience
- If you sign up to the People Before Profit newsletter list, your e mail contact details will be shared with MailChimp.
This is a webiste based on the WordPress architecture. Any cookies stored are for website performance. More information on these types of cookies can be found here.
How to unsubscribe
If you are signed up to the People Before Profit newsletter list but no longer want to receive emails from us, simply scroll to the bottom of any email you have received and click ‘unsubscribe from this list’..
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. For all personal data we hold, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Our digital Database of members is securely stored on a MariaDB Database, based in Dublin 15, Ireland. All web purchases are also stored there. This is main server for our web hosting. Although we do use CloudFlare (www.cloudflare.com) for CDN delivery and speed, we do not store any data with them.
For newsletter, we use the MailChimp platform. More information on their Privacy Policies can be found here.
As a data subject (i.e. someone about whom we collect personal information) you have certain rights. These rights are not universal or absolute, and may vary depending on applicable data protection legislation. Under GDPR, all website users based in the European Union have the following rights:
- The right to access personal data held by us about you
- The right to require us to correct any inaccurate data we might hold about you
- The right to require us to erase/delete personal data held by us about you
- The right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you
- The right to request and receive – at no financial cost – any and all personal data which you have provided to us in an accessible format
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, either in specific aspects, or in its totality
In order to exercise any of these rights, please email our Data Protection Officer, Dave O’Farrell, at [email protected]
Becomming a member of People Before Profit