Theresa O’Donohoe is already working for an Ireland she is proud to pass on to her 5 children. She is co-founder of Clare Public Participation Network, a mediator, facilitator and has written a book about her experience with Direct Provision.
Theresa sat on Clare County Council’s Economic Development committee 2014-19 and Local Community Development Committee 2019.
She has been working on local and national policy for over a decade and wants to see progressive policies implemented. More at www.theresaod.com
- Clare is right at the forefront of the many challenges and opportunities that this nation is facing right now. From here, we can lead.
- We are the county most vulnerable to climate breakdown, with over 5,000 homes at risk from flooding, yet we also have an unprecedented housing crisis that is already affecting life choices, childhoods, physical and mental health.
- We have a spread out population but inadequate public transport. A hospital but no A&E. We have land but unjust conditions for farmers. Wind and water yet we are buying in energy.
- In Clare we also have incredible communities, networks of activists; people who understand these pressure points and how to respond.
- My job is to empower those people and that expertise. To enable fair solutions, that come right out of the conditions and talent here in Clare. To get social housing built, reinvent Moneypoint and more. To be their Voice inside the Dail.