National demonstration on the housing crisis On Saturday 1st December 2018 at 14:00 In The Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square Dublin 1
The National Homeless and Housing Coalition have called a demonstration on the housing crisis to take place on December 1st at 2pm.
After the massive success of the #RaiseTheRoof rally, on October 3rd. When we had 12,000 on the streets outside Dáil Éireann.
Grass roots groups who are; campaigning, providing front line services, and advocating for action on the housing crisis have come together, to call for water style demonstrations to put pressure on the government.
We will be on the streets on December 1st to tell the government that we will not be ignored. –
After October 3rd we got a landlord’s budget, and an abject failure to act on the Dail motion that called for;
* Radical action on the crisis,
* Accelerated programmed of public housing on public land,
* Additional 1bn euro funding in the budget for housing,
* End to evictions,
* Reduction in rents
* To hold a referendum to enshrine the right to a home into the constitution.
Please spread the word about this event;
* Call people
* Email people,
* Send it to them on social media,
* Take your tinder date
* Tell your mates in the pub, school, place of worship, or anywhere else you can think of.
We will see you at the National Homeless and Housing Coalition demonstration on December 1st at 2pm.
Other websites where this event can be found.